Monday, July 25, 2011

Vegetable Juice Recipes


Yesterday, I shared this vegetable juice recipe:

Vegetable Juice with spinach.
I used:
  1. Cucumber
  2. Celery
  3. Spinach
  4. Apple
Vegetable Juice with tomato
Sometimes, I add a tomato to the above vegetable juice recipe to give it an extra tangy taste. So I use...
  1. Cucumber
  2. Celery
  3. Spinach
  4. Apple
  5. Tomato
Vegetable Juice with broccoli
At other times, I replace the spinach and cucumber with broccoli like this..
  1. Broccoli
  2. Celery
  3. Apple
  4. Choy Sum (Chinese Flowering Cabbage)
It is very easy to make your own vegetable juice recipe. You can try any combination you like by adding or replacing vegetables like this. Once, I tried ginger but I didn't like it. I think it should only be used sparingly because the taste of ginger is so strong.

I almost always add only one fruit, that is apple to my vegetable juices. Apple is sweet so I try not to have too much of it. Usually, just one apple to whatever vegetables that I am juicing to give it a sweeter taste. I like celery too. It too has a strong taste but it makes the juice taste more interesting. The Chinese Cabbage has an almost bitter taste but it is dark green and leaf so I like it in my juice but I do not use too much of it.

If you want to know more about Chinese Cabbage and other Asian Vegetables, read this interesting article on the Sydney Morning Herald "Can't tell pak choy from buk choy? Demystifying Asian Greens."

I always peel off the skin of my vegetables and fruits before juicing. Yes, it is a pity because I will lose most of the vitamins that way but I have no choice really. I prefer not to take the risk of taking something with loads of vitamins but laden with wax or pesticides. So I peel the skin, always. 

Happy Juicing!



Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UVC6HNAW5FRQ