Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Start Of My Weight Loss Journey

Yesterday was 8th of May 2016. It was Mother's Day and the day I officially declare as the start of my weight loss journey. I will be 50 next month and I weigh 155 pounds. My target is to lose 1 pound a week up to 20 pounds. I am writing this down publicly so that I will not waiver.

At 155 pounds and at 50, I feel the effects of my weight. A little of activity makes me sweat a lot. I am hot, tired, lethargic and my bones creak in the morning or when I sit in the same position for some time. I also have pulse, pant when I walk up the stairs and a wardrobe of clothes that no longer fit. When I go shopping, its hard to find clothes that fit. It seems that nice clothes are only made for thin people. So, I can only admire clothes, not wear them.

I have gone on a slow weight loss journey about 2 years after my second child, losing 10 pounds in 6 months. This time my target is higher. Well, you aim high so that if you fall short, you still lose. I will adjust it later if I find it too hard.

My weight seems to increase by 10 pounds for each decade. In my teens I was 105 pounds. In my 20s, I was 115 pounds, in my 30s, 125 pounds, in my 40s 135 pounds. In my early 40s, I went up to 145  pounds which was my highest at the time and it was 2 years after my second child. I managed to lose it and went down to 135 pounds and it stayed that way but now, I'm headed towards my 50s starting at 155 pounds. I have ballooned. It must be due to inactivity or sedentary lifestyle, lower metabolistic rate and menopause.

I remember during my previous diet, I felt hungry quite often. It was hard. This time, when I feel hungry, I may take small snacks of fruit, vegetables or a small cup of cereal. Otherwise it will be hard to keep up and not good for the body.

I often look around at the other women around me and I realize that many are a lot fitter and in better shape than me. I have gone over the edge to the other side.

I'm going to document my weight loss journey here as a reference for myself. I actually started 2-3 days before the 8th by watching and being mindful of everything I eat. One meal a day may be replaced by salads. No more eating the teas that I prepare for my family and eating less of everything else that I like. I will also increase my activity by doing more housework for a start. Instead of losing, I actually gained 2 pounds going from 153 to 155 pounds. I am not disheartened. I will just have to keep at it. Sometimes our weight fluctuates by 1 or 2 pounds due to water weight etc.

Strangely eating less makes the food more tasty and enjoyable. That's it for today. Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UVC6HNAW5FRQ